European Consortium for Humanities Institutes & Centres (ECHIC)
Dublin 23-25 February 2011
Trinity Long Room Hub, Trinity College Dublin
The purpose of the conference is to be a forum to raise important issues in the field of arts and humanities, and in particular to decide to set up a consortium of European humanities institutes and centres. The purpose of ECHIC will be threefold:
• To speak up on behalf of members in dialogues with ESF, EU and others on matters concerning humanities research
• To organise regular humanities conferences at one member institution which would involve all partners and interested stakeholders
• To establish a network for mutual benefit and possible identification of partners for European research collaboration
The conference will have three components:
1. Academic papers on topics of general concern to European humanities
2. A poster session with information on humanities centres and institutes
3. A business session to decide on the establishment of ECHIC
It is intended to publish a selection of papers in a peer/reviewed journal dedicated to arts and humanities.
Call for Papers.
Papers should address one or more of the following topics:
(1) Converging humanities (interdisciplinary research collaboration across faculty divides)
(2) Humanities serving European society
(3) New interfaces between the Humanities, the sciences and technology
(4) Humanities in European universities: institutional practices and models
(5) The permanence of the classics (bringing the classics into contemporary society)
(6) Training the next generation
Proposals should be sent to Marion Dalvai (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10 January 2011.
Registration deadline: 1 February, 2011.
Regular registration fee: € 300 (includes 2 lunches, 2 dinners and tea and coffee).
In order to provide a forum to discuss and promote best practices for the professional training and mentoring of junior researchers, ECHIC will offer 10 bursaries of €150 to graduate students who wish to give a paper or attend the conference. For further information or to apply, please contact Marion Dalvai or see
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)