Water & Environment 2011: CIWEM's Annual Conference
6th-7th April 2011, Olympia Conference Centre, London
In April 2011, CIWEM will hold a two-day Annual Conference that will address multidisciplinary issues across all areas of the global water and environment sector and will also focus on the issue of the "Big Society" and the implications for the environment sector.
In particular we are looking for offers of papers covering the "Big Society" theme including:
• The issues, challenges and opportunities arising from the Big Society
• The "business" response to these challenges
• Austerity and Third sector opportunities
• Delivering sustainability and environment in this context
• The changing agenda under coalition policies and governance - climate change - infrastructure
• Mechanisms and case studies - innovation - doing more with less
• Integrated solutions: catchment scales across the water and environment sector
• What are the implications for flood risk management, water resources and water quality, and ecosystems?
• Partnership working and partnership funding - delivering more for less and understanding the costs
• Local authorities' lead role in flood risk management and shared responsibility for flood risk
Prospective speakers should submit an abstract via the online submission form which can be found on the CMS website (http://www.coastms.co.uk/conferences/438).
The submission should include the following information:
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)