UPDATE AND SECOND CALL: Essays solicited for "Housing Fictions: the House in Writing and Culture, 1950 to the Present" European Journal of English Studies, Vol. 16
Essays are solicited for the volume *Housing Fictions: the House in Writing and Culture, 1950 to the Present*,
*European Journal of English Studies*, Vol. 16 Guest editors: Janet Larson, Francesca Saggini & Anna Enrichetta Soccio.
This issue of EJES aims to engage the variety of European approaches to the study of the house in Anglophone literatures and cultures from the standpoint of contemporaneity. Submissions are invited from scholars working in the fields of the Anglophone literatures, language, media and culture, including the arts and architecture. Contributors may emphasise theoretical/methodological approaches or textual readings. Invited topics include, but are by no means restricted to, the following:
• the cultural architecture of the house;
• the house and the episteme; the disciplines and discourses of the house;
• thresholds and boundaries of/in the house;
• the house and the nation or peoples; the discourses of the house in post-colonial and transcultural perspectives;
• gendered or classed houses;
• the house and the visual.
Detailed proposals (500-1,000 words) for articles of c.5,000 words, as well as any inquiries regarding this issue, should be sent by e-mail to all the three guest editors:
- Janet Larson firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Francesca Saggini at email@example.com
- and Anna Enrichetta Soccio firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universita' della Tuscia
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)