Call for Papers for upcoming conference, 'New Directions in Neo-Impressionism,' DUE 1 JULY 2010
Saturday 20 November 2010, Richmond, London (UK)
This conference aims to bring together emerging and established scholars of Neo-Impressionism for an exciting reappraisal of its history within the heart of London at an international, bilingual conference at Richmond, the American International University in London.
Proposed themes and topics include:
• The work of individual artists or colleagues, such as: Paul Signac, Georges Seurat, Henri-Edmond Cross, Théo van Rysselberghe, Albert Dubois-Pillet, Camille Pissarro, Lucien Pissarro, Maximilien Luce, Charles Angrand, Félix Fénéon, etc.
• Neo-Impressionism and Anarcho-Communism, in the North and the South of France, including the ideas of Peter Kropotkin, Elisée Reclus, Elie Reclus, Paul Reclus, Elie Faure, and Jean Grave
• Art and Science, colour theory and ‘optical painting’
• Utopias and anti-utopias, countryside and cityscape
• Exhibition practices, strategies and marketing of the Société des Artistes Indépendants and the Neo-Impressionist Boutique, as well as through private commissions (e.g. Count Harry Kessler)
• The ‘end’ of Neo-Impressionism?
Conference organisers: Professor Robert Wallis (Richmond), Professor Anthea Callen (University of Nottingham) and Dr Tania Woloshyn (McGill)
Please email paper proposals to: email@example.com
Dr Tania Woloshyn
c/o Professor Robert Wallis
7-17 Ansdell Street, Richmond University
London, W8 5BN, UK Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)