A postgraduate conference co-organised and supported by the University of Leeds, University of Aberdeen, and Queen's University Belfast.
The conference will be held at the University of Leeds on 20th and 21st of January 2011.
We invite proposals for twenty-minute papers from postgraduate students and from those working as curators in museums or art galleries.
Speakers may wish to consider the following topics:
- women writers, artists and the avant-garde;
- non-normative sexualities;
- the hierarchy of avant-garde groups;
- marginalised artists and avant-garde groups;
- museum strategy and the avant-garde (preservation of non-textual artwork)
- visual and artistic techniques of the avant-garde;
- interplay between visual and textual communication, and its potential for transmission;
- avant-garde and cultural institutions.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)