International Conference on Eurasian Economies
4-5 November 2010 – Istanbul, TURKEY
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Conference on Eurasian Economies aims at bringing together academicians and decision makers involved in research about Eurasian countries in a forum to discuss current and future economic and social issues of the region.
The conference will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, where Europe and Asia blend together both culturally and geographically by the Bosphorus.
Submission of abstracts is encouraged with emphasis on the following topics:
* Globalization: Are Eurasian countries able to participate in globalization adequately and if so do they benefit enough?
* Growth and development: What are Eurasian countries' challenges and their strategies?
* Energy and natural resources: Do Eurasian countries manage their energy needs and natural resources to their benefit?
* International Trade and Transportation: Is the infrastructure sufficient to enhance economic development of Eurasian countries?
* Economic ties of Eurasian countries with the US, with the EU, with Russia and with China.
* 2008-2009 global economic crisis: What are the effects of the crisis on the growth and development of the Eurasian countries, what were the measures they took?
Papers at the conference may be presented in English, Turkish or Russian. Each paper must be accompanied by an English title and an English abstract.
Abstracts in English must be submitted directly to the conference website at http://www.eecon.info. The abstract submission deadline is 30 June 2010. Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be sent out on 15 July 2010. Final papers (in English, Turkish or Russian) are due on 10 September 2010.
We are looking forward to your contribution to the conference and hope to see you in Istanbul.
Prof. Dr. Selahattin Sari
Chair, International Conference on Eurasian Economies
Vice President, Beykent University
Asst. Prof. Dr. Aysen Hic Gencer
Department of Economics
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)