Leading academics, professionals and artists will gather at Emily Carr University of Art and Design for the International Digital Media and Art Associationís 8th annual conference to explore how digital media and art is informing, challenging and reinventing our notions of narrative structures and storytelling. The conference will include pre-conference workshops, keynote and plenary presentations, panels, networking, discussions, social events as well as opportunities to explore Emily Carrís Intersections Digital Studios and Center for Social Media.
Call for Papers: The eighth annual International Digital Media and Arts Association Conference seeks abstracts (500 words maximum) for presentation and/or discussion about innovations and challenges pushing the edge of digital media and art, particularly as they relate to narrative. All abstracts will be refereed for acceptance and should:
- Report on the results of creative or research projects that explore new areas of media design, media tools or media education
- Follow Chicago Manual of Style documentary note formatting conventions
- Not have been submitted for publication elsewhere
1. Submit your abstract online (https://www.uu.edu/forms/conferences/idmaa10/callforpapers.cfm) as a word document by August 30, 2010. All authors participating in the conference will have their abstract posted as is in the online conference proceedings. Abstracts must be formatted according to Chicago Manual of Style.
2. Authors will be notified via email of acceptance by approximately September 15.
3. Authors should confirm attendance by October 1.
4. To be reviewed for possible publication in The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association conference proceedings, accepted papers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in their final form (as a word document using your last name in the filename) by November 1.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)