The aim of the The Current Status of Energy in Turkey: Problems and Prospects is to provide an intellectual platform for social-scientific studies of energy, a platform in which research in alternative paradigms for economic and social inquiry cou
The editorial board encourages research that draws upon conventional as well as non-conventional wisdom in studying social-scientific questions, and that offers new and innovative perspectives and interpretations on issues that are appropriate for the scope of the book. The research submitted for publication could be theoretical or empirical in nature. The editorial policy maintains, as a central principle of scientific pluralism, a respect for the incommensurable differences among alternative paradigms, and does not impose any interparadigmatic standard on the methods or contents of the articles, but requires that the submitted research meets the internal standards of its own paradigm. Submissions, which must be in both English and Turkish, are refereed anonymously.
1. Papers must be bilingual in English and Turkish.
2. Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
3. Papers that are submitted for publication should not be
under review at other publication projects.
4. The first page of the manuscript should contain:
• the title
• the name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s)
• the address, telephone and fax numbers (as well as the e-mail address) of the corresponding author.
• an abstract of 50-200 words.
• Notes should be numbered consecutively.
• Figures and tables should be numbered consecutively and printed on separate sheets.
• References should be listed at the end of the main text in alphabetical order. They should be cross-referenced in the text by using the author's name and publication date in the style of Sen (1970). If page numbers are to be given, they should be cross-referenced in the style of Sen (1970:20).
• References should be typed in the following style:
Sen, A. (1970) Collective Choice and Social Welfare. San Francisco: Holden-Day.
Ng, Y.K. (1971) "The Possibility of a Paretian Liberal: Impossibility Theorems and Cardinal Utility." Publication of Political Economy 79: 1397-1402.
Chapters in Books:
Watkins, J.W.N. (1968) "Methodological Individualism and Social Tendencies," In M. Brodbeck (Ed.), Readings in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences, pp. 269-280 London: Macmillan.
Content Areas of the Book
The subject matter of the publication is concerned with the development and exploitation of both traditional and new energy sources, systems, technologies and applications. Interdisciplinary subjects in the area of novel energy systems and applications are also encouraged. High-quality research papers are solicited in, but are not limited to, the following areas:
1. Energy conversion, conservation and management in Turkey
2. Energy storage in Turkey
3. Hydrogen energy and fuel cells in Turkey
4. Hydrogen production technologies in Turkey
5. Micro- and nano-energy systems and technologies in Turkey
6. Thermodynamic optimization
7. Electronics cooling
8. Nuclear energy
9. Renewable energy (e.g. geothermal, solar, wind, hydro, tidal wave, biomass)
10. Energy and sustainable development
11. Energy and environmental impact
12. Hybrid/integrated energy systems
13. Advanced power generation and refrigeration systems
14. Energy system analysis and modelling
Submitted manuscripts should report on original works in the area of novel energy systems and applications which may be expected to address current technical, technological, economic, environmental, performance, sustainability problems and bring potential solutions through improvements in efficiency, cost effectiveness, use of resources and sustainability, as well as improved energy security and improvements to the environment in Turkey. Those pertaining to modeling, theory, analysis, simulations, technology development, experiments, visualization and measurement techniques are also appropriate for the book.
Metin BOŞNAK, Ph.D.
Staff Training Coordinator.
Armada İş Merkezi Yıldız Posta Cd. No:52
17. Kat 06520 Dedeman Ticaret Merkezi
Söğütözü 3. Kat 34349 Gayrettepe
ANKARA / TÜRKİYE İSTANBUL / TÜRKİYE
Tel : +90 312 444 0 978 Tel : +90 212 444 0 978
Fax :+90 312 219 10 33 Fax :+90 212 347 00 01
Web : www.ypu.com.tr
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)