The Revista de Universidad y Sociedad del Conocimiento (University and Knowledge Society Journal, RUSC) aims to strengthen the review section and turn it into a regular section in the journal. We believe that this section can become a useful means of sharing knowledge among everyone interested in the journal’s field of study, both to discover new books and to share the books that we already know with the rest of the community.
- For Vol. 7, no. 2 (July 2010): 2 May 2010
- For Vol. 8, no. 1 (January 2011): 16 October 2010
- For Vol. 8, no. 2 (July 2011): 2 May 2011
And so on successively for subsequent issues. Originals will be proofed and laid out in May and June and, if necessary, the authors will be asked for any relevant revisions.
We are interested in receiving reviews of books that fall within the journal’s field of study:
• University models in the knowledge society
• Educational models and use of technology in higher education
• Open access systems in the use of learning materials
• Technology models and free and open-source software
• Transformations to the learning processes in higher education based on the use of ICTs
• The organisational and administrative perspective in the use of ICTs in higher education institutions
• University leadership and governance in the knowledge society
• Models for university presence on the web
Author guidelines and submission process
Reviews must comply with the following guidelines:
- They should be between 500 and 1,000 words.
- They should be written in Catalan, English or Spanish.
- They should include an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- They should include between 4 and 6 keywords that identify the subject area of the book.
- They should include the complete details of the book.
- They should include the author's details:
o Name and surnames
o Post or academic affiliation
o Complete physical work address
o Email address
o Include a brief CV (100-200 words).
Further information can be found in the journal's author's guidelines section: http://www.uoc.edu/ojs/index.php/rusc/about/submissions.
You need to register as an author on the journal’s website in order to submit work (http://www.uoc.edu/ojs/index.php/rusc/user/register). Once registered, enter the username and password you receive during the registration process to begin the submission process. In Step 1, select the Reviews section, and accept the prior conditions for submission and copyright. In Step 2, enter the metadata (title, abstract, keywords). In Step 3, attach the original. You can leave Step 4 empty if there are no additional files, but you need to go on to Step 5 to complete the process.
RUSC. Revista de Universidad y Sociedad del Conocimiento
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Rambla del Poblenou, 156
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)