School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies Department of Social Anthropology
I.B. Tauris Student Award for the Anthropology of Iran
The Department of Social Anthropology at the University of St Andrews, in association with the I.B. Tauris Publishers (UK) invites applications for a Student Article Award for the academic year 2010.
The prize will be awarded to the best student paper in the field of the Anthropology of Iran. In determining the award, the following criteria will be applied:
1. Originality of scholarship, creativity of insight and quality of writing.
2. Clear potential for contribution to the fields of the Anthropology of Iran. Special consideration will be given to work that incorporates emerging perspectives or interdisciplinary methodologies, which promote the further understanding of the Anthropology of Iran.
3. Clear potential for continued innovative research, leading toward a dissertation or major publication from the author.
4. The article must be recent, original and authored by a registered graduate or undergraduate student.
5. The award consists of a £200 prize. The successful candidate will be recognized and receive his/her prize by the end of June 2009.
To request further information and to discuss proposed topics please contact:
Dr. P. Khosronejad: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions for the I.B.Tauris Award of the Anthropology of Iran is Feburary 15, 2010. Articles must be submitted electronically in MS Word
(97-2003) or Adobe PDF formats. (File sizes must be less than 2MB)
I.B.Tauris Publishers, as the leading publisher in the field of Iranian Studies, is pleased to support the continuing research and enquiry into the world of the Iranian experience. www.ibtauris.com
Dr. Pedram Khosronejad
Department of Social Anthropology
71 North Street
University of St. Andrews
St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland KY16 9AL
Tel: +44 (1334) 461968
Fax: +44 (1334) 462985
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)