“Culture and Politics” invites all interested scholars to reflect on the issue of periphery
which shall be the theme of the next issue of our journal.
We welcome submissions related but not limited to the following questions and issues:
- Peripherial and border wars vs. national security
- Slang and dialects – peripherial languages and the standard language
- High and low culture and literature
- Power and autonomy
- A label or a choice – when does periphery mean social exclusion and when does it entail a positive aspect of individual or group identity
- Inclusion and exclusion
- When periphery becomes a sign of status
- Periphery within a metropolis
- The new dimension of the relationship between the core and periphery model in the contemporary world
- Is there a place for periphery within the centre?
- The city vs. the countryside
- The dominant culture versus the subservient culture
- Periphery in culture, the culture of periphery.
All who are interested in submitting their paper proposals are requested to send their abstracts of 1800 – 2000 characters in DOC or RTF format no later than December 12, 2009 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those whose abstracts have been accepted for publication by the Board of Editors are requested to send their articles not later than February 11, 2010.
Tischner European University
ul. Westerplatte 11
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)