Although the Pacific Northwest has had many historical encounters with economic downturns and hard times, the region also has a rich tradition of unionism, community organizing, and independent political action. It is this context that shapes the theme of the 2010 PNLHA conference.
We especially encourage proposals that address the following issues:
· Analysis of economic crises, both previous and current
· The struggles of immigrant workers and Native Americans
· The struggle for racial and gender equity in the Northwest
· Organizing the unemployed
· Efforts to provide workers with affordable, quality health care
· Independent political action and labor-community alliances
Proposals for workshops and panels should include a 1-2 page summary, a list of
presenters and/or papers to be delivered, and a short biography or vitae for each participant. Individual paper proposals are also welcome.
The deadline for proposals is February 15, 2010. Submitters will be notified on the status of their proposals by March 15, 2010.
Bob Bussel, Labor Education and Research Center
1289 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)