When: 6 February, 2010
Where: Brisbane, Australia (Griffith University, South Bank)
Abstracts by: 4 December 2009
Theme: Broadly, this conference will address productive alliances (and possible tensions) between traditional movements of working class people and the environmental movement. Both academic and activist papers are sought. A special thematic for the journal Labour History will be produced from the conference.
(1) The Red in the Green: Involvement of the organised labour movement and individual unions in environmental issues
(2) The Red and the Green: Coalitions and alliances between the labour movement and the environmental movement
(3) People in Place: The role of grassroots environmental activism outside the formal labour movement
(4) Never the Twain: Tensions and contradictions at the interface of labour and the environment
(5) Land and Livelihood: Indigenous takes on labour and the environment
(6) Any other topic related to the broad theme of the conference
Acceptance of abstracts will be notified by 11 December.
No conference fee for presenters of papers.
Sponsored by the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History, the Brisbane Labour History Association and the Department of Employment Relations, Griffith University.
Department of Employment Relations
Griffith Business School
GOLD COAST MC QLD 9726 AUSTRALIA
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)