Together with Turin Polytechnic, SISSCO (the Italian Society for the Study of Contemporary History) and AIS (the Italian Sociology Society), Telecom Italia Foundation is staging an international convention on the relationship between historical records and the digital world under the title:
2060: WHAT WILL BE THE SOURCES FOR THE HISTORY OF OUR TIMES ? A coming together of techniques, practices and the social sciences
This convention will be held in Turin, on April 8th and 9th, 2010, and will initiate an open, in-depth discussion between scholars, researchers, social scientists and economists, together with experts from the world of digital technology and innovation, in order to consider what may be the practices and methodologies of creating archives for the historians of the future.
A call for paper: has been launched for all those involved in the convention: summaries of the interventions and a brief curriculum vitae (each of a maximum of 2000 characters) may be sent – only by email – before January 15th, 2010, to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals will be examined by a scientific committee by February 1st, 2010, and the entire discussion paper should be available at the above email address by March 15th, 2010.
The Scientific Committee is composed of:
* Luca De Biase, editor-in-chief, Nova/Il Sole24ore
* Tommaso Detti, Professor of Contemporary History, University of Siena, SISSCO delegate
* Fabio Di Spirito, General Secretary, Telecom Italia Foundation
* Paolo Jedlovski, Professor of General Sociology, University of Calabry
* Vittorio Marchis, Professor of History of Science and Technology, Turin Polytechnic
* Serge Noiret, History Information Specialist, European University Institute
* Chiara Ottaviano, Cliomedia Officina, Turin
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)