Founded in 1949, the Kroeber Anthropological Society Papers is the oldest graduate student-run Anthropology publication in the United States. We publish articles in the general field of anthropology (and all its subdisciplines) that are of theoretical, descriptive, or practical interest. We welcome submissions by anthropology students, faculty, and professionals. All submissions for our general volumes are evaluated through a blind peer review process.
• Language of submission is English
• Papers should not exceed 30 double-spaced pages, excluding references, in Word or other standard format.
• A short abstract should accompany the paper.
• Two hardcopies and one digital copy (by disk or email) must be included.
• Please use parenthetical citations and endnotes. For all other style questions (including bibliography norms, follow the American Anthropologist style guide with backup reference to The Chicago Manual of Style. Titles of works within the essay should be in italics. Do not use Endnote or other referencing software programs.
• A separate title page should provide the author's name, institution/title, address, and contact information.
Timeline for submissions (all submissions must be sent electronically and should be submitted by 5pm PST): October 12, 2009-Submission of Abstracts October 27, 2009-Submission of Paper
Any papers still requiring significant editing will not be considered for publication. Papers submitted after these deadlines cannot be guaranteed publication in the upcoming issue.
We also welcome proposals for interviews with distinguished anthropologists and book reviews of recent publications. Please contact us directly at KASeditorialboard@gmail.com with suggestions and for additional information.
Kroeber Anthropological Society
University of California, Berkeley
Department of Anthropology
232 Kroeber Hall
Berkeley, California 94720-3710 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)