Call for Papers for a Special Published Session on Research on Poverty in Michigan.
Michigan Sociological Association Meetings, November 14, 2009, Ferris State University, Big Rapids Michigan.
Special published session on Research on Poverty in Michigan. Excellent papers from the session will be peer-reviewed and published in the Fall 2010 issue of the Michigan Sociological Review.
This two-hour session will feature 4-5 papers on poverty in Michigan, focusing, among others, on the following questions:
(1) With the state unemployment above 15% and rising, is the state facing even worse unemployment, amidst declining population?
(2) What is the future of Detroit as a city? How will the inner city look five years or ten years from now?
(3) What is the impact of Renaissance zones on Michiganís city population?
(4) How has securitization of mortgage loans affected the housing boom and bust in Michigan, and what is next?
(5) How has the collapse of manufacturing affected labor markets and the gendered pattern of wages and employment?
Send a 250-500 word abstract by October 20, 2009; Completed papers are due November 10, 2009, to:
Brigitte Bechtold, Center for Research on Poverty, Department of Sociology, Central Michigan University, 123 Anspach Hall, Mt. Pleasant MI 48859; Email: email@example.com; fax: 989-774-1844.
Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
Central Michigan University
123 Anspach Hall
Mt. Pleasant MI 48859
Fax: (989)774-1844 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)