The Popular Culture Association & American Culture Association (PCA/ACA) seeks a Subject Area Chair to fill the position of Education, Teaching, History, & Popular Culture.
The Subject Area Education, Teaching, History, & Popular Culture deals with aspects of the history of popular culture and the classroom use of popular culture materials in teaching a wide array of courses.
The duties and requirements of an Area Chair are as follows:
1) Have a Ph.D or relevant professional credentials--a tenure track professor (preferred but not necessary) or one who has a considerable length of service as a professional in a relevant field and who has significant knowledge in the field.
2) Advertise for Proposals--place a Call For Papers for our annual conference on website listservs, such as this one, and on the PCA/ACA website, http://www.pcaaca.org/areas/areas.php.
3) Accept proposals to the Subject Area and communicate with potential presenters.
4) Put together paper panels of 3 or 4 presenters under a common topic.
5) Work with the Program Coordinator to schedule the panels on the Program.
6) Attend our yearly conference, this year in at the Renaissance Hotel St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri.
For further information about Chairing and for information about the organization visit http://www.pcaaca.org/conference/upcoming/chairs.php
Delores Rauscher, Conference Coordinator
258 Bessey Hall
Michigan State University
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)