- Faculty Workshop on Sustainable Assessment Processes
- 2009 ABET Commission Summit
- NEW This Year! Administratorsí Forum
- 2009 ABET Annual Meeting
Place - Crowne Plaza Hotel Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX Dress - Business Casual RSVP - By Oct. 20, 2009
SUPER VALUE PRICING Pay by Sept. 25, save 20%, pay by Oct. 18, save 10%
Tues., Oct. 27 - Faculty Workshop on Sustainable Assessment Processes - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm CT
- Broaden your assessment and continuous improvement processes knowledge with this one-day workshop.
- Develop measureable learning outcomes and learn new data collection methods.
- Work in interactive, small groups and receive all slides and reference materials.
- Led by Gloria Rogers, Ph.D., ABETís Managing Director of Professional Services.
- Learn about the latest accreditation process improvements.
- Receive guidance through the key areas of the process and away from the pitfalls.
- Focus on Self-Study Preparation for the 2010-11 cycle and beyond.
- Have questions answered during extended breakout sessions with commission leaders.
NEW - Wed., Oct. 28 - 2009 Administratorsí Forum - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm CT
Who should attend? Deans, Associate Deans, Department Heads of ABET programs who are not directly involved in the mechanics of the ABET process or upcoming accreditation visits but need to have enough information to be supportive of those who are.
-Learn about the value of accreditation.
-Develop an understanding of underlying principles and processes of program quality improvement.
-Learn about current and future ABET initiatives to foster understanding and promote partnerships.
-Interact with ABET Executive Director and other program administrators.
-No charge for event but must register for limited seating.
Thurs. & Fri., Oct. 29 & 30 - 2009 Annual Meeting - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ~ "Collaborate, Innovate, & Transform! Tackling Todayís Educational & Professional Challenges"
-Learn about the Obama administrationís goals of importance to ABET constituents.
- Hear how some businesses and universities are collaborating to get a quicker start on transformational technologies.
- Listen to what students in ABET programs want & how they view their future.
- Discover the elevated role the community college will play in the future.
- See business & academia partner that benefit young people before & after graduation.
Stay the Weekend
ABET has negotiated low hotel rates for the weekends before and after the events, so bring the family to SAN ANTONIO, the No. 1 Most Affordable Travel Spot in America, according to Travel and Leisureís 2008 survey!
Visit www.abet.org for more information or to register.
Lil Hughes Knipp
Director, Marketing & Member Services
111 Market Place, Suite 1050
Baltimore, MD 21202-4012
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)