One of the topics which we have decided to devote the next
series of scholarly publications of “Culture and Politics” of Tischner European University is the problem of the mutual interdependence of religion and politics. We would like to invite all male and female representatives of the social sciences, political science, sociology, cultural studies, linguistics and all other scholars to submit their articles for consideration to the next of the series of “Culture and Politics.” We would be interested in articles that provide an analysis of the issue of religion and politics, comparative studies, studies undertaken in a multicultural context and other interesting, in-depth case studies. Possible areas of study may include (though not limited to) the following:
• What is the role of religion in today’s contemporary world? Are we dealing with the privatization of religion or the secularization of society, or are we dealing with the
process of deprivatization of religion and its growing influence in society?
• Religious radicalism (Muslim, Christian or Hindu) and its influence in politics
• The political dimension of the atheist viewpoint
• Pluralism and the presence of religion in politics
• Abortion, in vitro, euthanasia … Are they moral, religious or political issues?
• Religions in the face of new human challenges (global warming, international terrorism, financial crisis)
• The politics of interdenominational dialogue, interdenominational dialogue in politics
• Church and State relations
• How much religion in politics?
• How much politics in religion?
Topics and abstracts of 1800-2000 characters in doc or rtf format can be e-mailed to us at: email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of abstracts: 10 September, 2009.
"Culture and Politics" is a peer-reviewed biannual journal published by the Tischner European University in Krakow (Poland). The journal seeks to promote and disseminate the latest ideas and research in the field of humanities and social sciences. The title of the journal is meant to emphasize the crucial link between two fundamental fields of human activity. The journal focuses on issues related to international relations, sociology and linguistics. Articles are written in Polish and English.
Tischner European University
ul. Westerplatte 11
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)