We encourage you to search for new answers and/or discussions to the following ideas,
* Technology and the Small Museum (all areas)
* International Perspectives: Cross Regions and Borders (all areas)
* Technology Management Through Tough Economic
* Leadership, Sustainability, Accountability
* Initiating Change: How to Adopt New Technologies Without Fear
* Connecting the Dots: Re-Design, Re-Purpose, and Re-Use / Digital Assets
* Best Models, Best Practices, Innovative Uses and Practical Implications
* Exhibit Design and Development (Online/Onsite)
* Alternative Interactive Devices / Alternative Interfaces
* Educational Programs and Professional Development (Online/Onsite)
* What’s Next in Web 2.0 or Web 3.0
* Social Participation / Social Networking / Public Curation
* Communication, Collaboration, and Sharing Resources
* System Integration, Preservation, and Convergence
* Building Diverse Communities / Diversity of Participation / Thought and Action
* New Ideas, New Approaches / Future Trends in Museum Media & Technology
* Ideas for Technology Tutorials ...
What can you do?
For those who attended at Philadelphia, look over your notes and think back for a moment. Send me your comments as to what were the outstanding topics or individual speakers that you saw. What were the issues that you would like to see addressed again, in greater detail, or perhaps differently? Even if you didn't attend, take a moment to review the same questions: what information or topics need to be explored in a forum where so many diverse associates gather? What should we, as a committee, be looking at as our important, central concerns?
If you are interested in organizing a session, please drop me a note first. This is not an empty solicitation, you will be responded to, and this is a direct path to having your voice heard...join in!
AGAIN! DEADLINE FOR M&T SPC ENDORSEMENT (complete proposal) is July 10, 2009.
As AAM is continuing its 'green steps' in the session proposal process, the entire submission process will now be online only. Anyone can submit a proposal, you don't have to be a member of AAM. Just follow the Session Proposal Guideline at http://www.aam-us.org/am10/sessionpropos.cfm
To submit a proposal, click on "Submit a Proposal" and follow the steps. The online form does not have spell check or formatting options and there are size limits to most description fields. We suggest that you type your proposal in Word, run spell check and make any formatting changes (like bold, italics or underlines) there. You can then copy and paste in to the appropriate section of the proposal form.
Program Chair, Media and Technology Committee
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)