Peace and Conflict Studies Network of the ASEM Education Hub together with Yonsei University will organize a full day conference in Seoul (instantly after ICAS conference) on
“Long Peace of East Asia since 1979 and West Europe since 1945: Comparison and Implications”
• Venue: Allen Hall, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
• Date: August 10, 2009.
• Coordinators: Timo Kivimäki (ASEM peace network), Chung-in Moon and Jong-gun Choi (Yonsei Univ.)
• Dissemination of conference outcomes: A special cover feature in Global Asia (preferably Winter issue 2009) by inviting selected articles.
• Registration to the conference: http://www.tnpcn2009.niasconferences.net/
• In addition to presentations of leading Asian and European Scholars, Graduate Students can present their research related to stable structures of peace in the parallel session of the conference. The parallel sessions will be lead by some of Asia’s and Europe’s leading scholars of East Asian and/or West European security. Abstracts can be sent to the conference portal http://www.tnpcn2009.niasconferences.net/ and presentations will be selected by July 15, 2009. All those submitting abstracts are automatically accepted to participate in the conference, while those selected for paper presentations will be informed shortly after the selection.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)