Greetings from Publications International, Ltd. (PIL), a Chicago book publisher.
We are currently searching for writer candidates for a new pictorial history book on London. Covering the past and present, the book will approximate a photo-heavy scrapbook, with informative yet entertaining text, brimming with interesting anecdotes, personalities and quotes.
We are looking for a single writer for this book who has it all:
- experience writing on London for books or magazines, especially on the city’s history and culture.
- an in-depth knowledge of the city’s history as well as research skills
- the ability to write with an authoritative, yet entertaining style (informational but not scholarly)
- the ability to write in an American English dialect (The book will be marketed in several countries, but we particularly expect significant U.S. sales).
- flexibility and a willingness to work with our team throughout the process (this particular project will require a lot of communication back and forth via email)
- room in his or her schedule, with the bulk of the work projected to take place between July ’09 to January ‘10
Candidates who have lived in or near to London at some point would likely have the most success with this project.
If you are interested, please send your cv/resume and samples to tgauerke [at] pubint [dot] com.
Further information about the project will be provided as it becomes available. Thank you for your interest.
Publications International, Ltd.
7373 N Cicero Ave
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)