The Centre Gender Studies in collaboration with the Centre of Competence on Africa at the University of Basel invites interested parties to a symposium on changes and persistences pertaining to sex, gender and politics in South Africa and India. Contributors will shed light on the interconnections between transnational gender research and policy implications.
Topics covered incluide:
* Trends pertaining to hetero- and homosexuality as it relates to HIV and AIDS in South Africa.
* The impact of the circulation of views on homosexuality between India and the North Atlantic.
* The effect of gender quotas in local government on gender relations in India.
* Large-scale comparative studies that include India and South Africa dealing with
__taxation and gender
__and the care economy
* The significance and policy implications of such transnational research, including Switzerland's relations to these societies.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)