Local Stories, Global Connections: The Context of Agriculture and Rural Life
Annual Meeting of the Agricultural History Society
Hosted by Rollins College, Winter Park, FL with support from University of Central Florida, June 11-13, 2010
Agriculture and rural life are tied to specific places, but those places are in turn bound to larger communities, often with global connections. The AHS invites proposals for papers that address the particular ways in which people and places have shaped agriculture and rural living in their local communities as well as how rural ecosystems, production, processing, and consumption tie farmers and rural people to distant people, places, and institutions. Topics from any location or time period will be welcome. In the interest of promoting understanding of the context of agriculture and rural life, the program committee wishes to encourage submissions of interdisciplinary and cross-national panels. We encourage proposals of all types and formats, including traditional papers/commentary sessions, thematic panel discussions, roundtables on recent books, and poster presentations, and we extend a special welcome to graduate students. We will consider submissions of full panels and individual papers, as well as paired or individual posters.
Complete session proposals should include a chair, participants, and, if applicable, a commentator. Please include the following information:
• An abstract of no more than 200 words for the session as a whole;
• A prospectus of no more than 250 words for each presentation;
• A mailing address, email, phone number, and affiliation for each participant; and
• A CV of no more than a page for each participant.
Individual submissions should include all the above except a session abstract.
Please send submissions, in Microsoft Word or RTF format, to Melissa.email@example.com.
Alternatively, applicants may mail five hard copies of their proposals to:
Melissa Walker, Chair
580 East Main St.
Spartanburg, SC 29302
Please direct questions regarding the program to any member of the program committee:
· Melissa Walker, Chair, Converse College, Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Joe Anderson, Mount Royal College, email@example.com
· Sterling Evans, University of Oklahoma, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Angie Gumm, Iowa State University, email@example.com
· Cecilia Tsu, University of California at Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)