The Symposium on Migration and Integration in its 50th Year”
21-23 May 2009 - Ankara
“Turks Abroad: The Symposium on Migration and Integration in its 50th Year” will be held in Ankara (Bilkent Hotel & Conference Center) between 21 - 23 May 2009. The symposium will be organized through the cooperation of the Ministry of State of the Republic of Turkey (Prof.Dr. Mustafa Said Yazıcıoğlu) and Hacettepe University Strategical Research Centre (HÜSAM).
The aim is to evaluate the migration of Turks to foreign countries within over half a century, considering the current situation, the advantages, problems, expectations and strategies about the future, to discuss all these aspects in a way enabling contribution of all parties of migration and to assess the proposed solutions within a multilateral and academic framework through a solution-oriented approach.
As Migration and Integration constitute a fact based on mutual and multilateral interaction, representatives of international organizations and institutions, high-level politicians and bureaucrats from countries where Turks are densely-populated, experts, representatives of non-governmental organizations as well as Turkish citizens who had outstanding achievements in their fields are invited to the symposium. Special emphasis has been attributed to provide a wide diversity of the participants, representing different points of view about the issues to be discussed.
Those who would like to participate in this symposium are asked to submit a paper which is not necessarily limited to, but adresses one of the themes below:
• Immigrants and Education: General and profession education, religion teaching
• Immigrants and Education: Native language
• Immigrant (residence, worker and work,social )
• Not used or Unavailable to use rights
• Benefits come with Immigration
• Immigrants and Economy,benefits of immigrants in foreign countries for Turkey
• Benefits of immigrants in foreign countries for the country they stay
• Immigration-Congruity and the act of media
• Distinction policies oriented towards immigrants
• Immigrants and Politics
• Immigrant and Integration policies of Turkey
• Services of Turkey oriented towards immigrants
• Double Citizenship
• Islamofobi (Islamophobia)
• Female immigrants
• Immigrants and civil society organizations.
• Turkish Immigrants in the frame of EU-Turkey Relationship
Those who would like to participate in the symposium must submit on
http://www.goc50-husam.org/en/online-registration and send their abstracts no later than 4 May 2009.
For further information on accommodation and transportation, please visit the official website of the event:
Dr. M. Murat ERDOĞAN
Vice Director of HÜSAM
firstname.lastname@example.org, goc@ goc50-husam.org
Tel: ++90. 312 297 87 25 * Fax: Tel: ++90. 312 297 87 40 * Mobil: ++ 90. 532 300 13 73 Email: email@example.com Visit the website at http://www.goc50-husam.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)