We hope you can join us for the 2009 conference from Thursday 19 November - Saturday 21 November 2009 at The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
* Children’s rights in diverse contexts
* Concepts of children’s citizenship in diverse contexts and settings
* Children and participation in diverse settings
* Early childhood and children’s participation, protection and provision rights
We especially invite proposal that explore the following questions:
* What difference does the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child make to children in diverse contexts?
* What does children’s citizenship look like in different contexts and settings?
* How do we make a difference through children’s participation in decision-making?
* How do issues of diversity, difference and identity intersect with children’s rights to participation, protection and provision in early childhood?
* What issues has research raised around the challenges, tensions in enacting young children’s rights in diverse contexts?
Further information at: www.education.unimelb.edu.au/ceiec
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)