What issues of administrative design, method and management should guide the $700 billion bailout, and how will management of the bailout guide or constrain regulatory reform?
What are the lessons of administrative design, method and management that can be drawn from the current crisis?
What fundamental principles should guide financial regulation and regulatory institutions in the future?
A Public Administration Moment: Forging an Agenda for Financial Regulatory Reform will provide a cutting-edge discussion, highlighting the public administration challenges of principle, design, method, management that should guide financial regulatory reform. The devil is in the details, and the details of financial regulatory reform need attention.
This two-part symposium brings together a panel of accomplished scholars -- contributing to a forum on the financial crisis to be published in Public Administration Review -- and a response panel of distinguished scholars and National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) Fellows, in order to generate an agenda for public administration scholarship and practice.
Panel 1: Principles, Design, Methods and Management: Lessons From the Financial Crisis
- Mark Cassell, Kent State University
- Kevin Corder, Western Michigan University
- Giselle Datz, Virginia Tech, Alexandria
- Susan Hoffmann, Western Michigan University
- Marvin Phaup, George Washington University
- Mark Rom, Georgetown University
- Jean Schroedel, Claremont Graduate University
- Tom Stanton, Johns Hopkins University and National Academy of Public Administration Fellow
- Paul Peretz, California State University, Fullerton
Panel 2: Principles, Design, Methods and Management: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Donald Kettl, University of Pennsylvania and National Academy of Public Administration Fellow
- Ron Boster, National Academy of Public Administration Fellow
- Myra Shiplett, RandolphMorgan Consulting, LLC
Facilitated by Anne Khademian, Virginia Tech, Alexandria, Virginia
$65, Lunch Included
Register today online at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/reg/parfs/
National Academy of Public Administration
900 7th Street, N.W., Suite 600
Washington, DC 20001
One block north of Metro -- Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro Station
(Red, Yellow and Green lines)
For specific driving directions, we recommend using Google or Yahoo
Garage and street parking available nearby
The Smith-Richardson Foundation
with support from the
Virginia Tech-National Capital Region
Virginia Tech School for Public and International Affairs
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)