The Network for Peace through Dialogue, in cooperation with Marymount Manhattan College, presents "Dialogue In/As Action," a conference for community groups, researchers, teachers, students and others.
The 2009 Network for Peace through Dialogue conference, "Dialogue In/As Action," will focus on the rich intersections of the methods, processes, and actions of dialogue that lead to change. The 2009 conference will explore the ground rules for practicing good dialogue, as well as the parameters for putting constructive dialogue into action. The goals of the 2009 conference are to provide a forum for addressing and discussing the following issues:
• What kind of change can be generated through dialogue?
• What are the preconditions of dialogue? How can these conditions be fostered?
• Cases of dialogue in action
• Cases of dialogue as action
• Cases of dialogue inaction
• Cultivating dialogue in and beyond the classroom
• Transforming dialogue with technology
• Voices of youth making change (presentations by youth)
SAVE THESE DATES
Friday evening, June 12 & all day Saturday, June 13, 2009
New York City
Open Registration Begins March 1, 2009
TO SUBMIT A SESSION PROPOSAL, EMAIL LIZ AT DIALOGUE2009@GMAIL.COM FOR AN APPLICATION.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)