The challenge of equity and education in India, at the present juncture of structural adjustments and liberalization is the most important issue for the socially concerned citizens. We have adopted educational programmes which have been implemented with appraise of dynamism.
The proposed seminar attempts to address in comparative terms, the changing circumstances of our economy, policy and society which demand a time bound effective and participatory strategy which will be able to empower the formulation through meaningful interface between the experts and activist at many levels. It will contribute to the process in near future.
CIE is organizing this national seminar and such an exercise would be meaningful if we are able to achieve through a creative dialogue by academicians, policy makers and civil society representatives concerned in the respective area.
Following are the themes of the National Seminar on “Equity and Education in India: Policy Issues and Challenges” 5th – 7th March, 2009.
1. Understanding Equity includes the
• Constitutional Equity
• Socio-political Equity
• Economic Equity
2. Equity education for the Marginalized Section: Dalits, Adivasis the religious minorities and the challenged children.
3. “Ushering” equitable education through inclusive education.
4. Does Globalization provide Equal avenues education for all!
5. How far has Curriculum developed equity?
6. Equitable allocation of funds and resources
7. Politics of Equity and Education.
8. Education form children’s perspective of different sections in answering equity.
9. Freedom of Teachers in Education Sphere.
10. Policy Formulation and Implementation.
Dec 31, 2008 : Last date for submission of Abstract (300 words)
Jan 31, 2009 : Last date for submission of Paper
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)