As a supporter of NBGSA programming, you are cordially invited to attend this year’s gathering, which is slated for November 14-16, 2008 at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg, PA. In light of the election of the first Black U.S. President and the myriad challenges and opportunities that currently face the Black community, this year’s conference theme is "The Fierce Urgency of Now: Black Scholars in a Rapidly Changing World." This year’s assembly promises to be bigger and better than ever, and we’d love to include you in the weekend’s festivities!
You can register for this year’s event online at http://www.nbgsa.org/northeastern/index or you can register on site. For your information, the $35 conference registration fee includes the following:
• Four official meal functions (Friday night jazz reception, Saturday welcome breakfast, Saturday keynote luncheon, and Sunday networking brunch)
• Three major speaker sessions
• Sessions and panels on such topics as Dissertation and Thesis Writing; Making the Transition from Undergraduate to Graduate School; Safety, Sanity, and Success; Asset Building; and President-Elect Obama and the Black Community
• Access to interdisciplinary student research presentations
• Academic division breakout sessions
• Conference bag with favors
• Official program with conference details and research presentation abstracts
• All meeting materials and supplies
• Opportunity to network and socialize with scores of Black graduate students and scholars from throughout the northeastern U.S.
Contact Eddie Summers for a detailed schedule of events and a conference flyer for your information and distribution. Feel free to contact me via return e-mail or by cell at 845-235-9619 if you have questions or visit our website at www.nbgsa.org.
Thanks, again, for your past support, and we hope to see you at this year’s event in Bloomsburg!
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)