Oenach: Journal of the Forum for Medieval and Renaissance Studies in Ireland
Call for Papers Date:
Oenach: JFMRSI invites submissions for its first issue (Summer 2009). We welcome articles on any topic Medieval and/or Renaissance, as well as new translations, editions, manuscript descriptions, and other new findings, discoveries, and rediscoveries. The terms “Medieval” and “Renaissance” are intended in their most inclusive sense:
• Late Antique to Early Modern, post-Classical to pre-Modern, or cultural equivalent;
• in all parts of the world;
• comparative work, especially work crossing traditional boundaries between “Medieval” and “Renaissance”, or discussing the very terms themselves.
To combat slow turn-around time and consequent slowness in research pace, and to foster intellectual re-invigoration, Oenach specializes in shorter articles:
• 2,500-4,000 words: most articles will be in “notes” form: ex. building on material presented recently at conferences, or as postgraduate course-work;
• 6,000-7,500 words: 2-3 per issue.
Please see http://oenach.wordpress.com/posts/journal/ for further information and full guidelines, and email submissions BY 21 NOVEMBER 2008 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)