Area: Baby-Boomer Culture
Baby-Boomer Culture: Leading Edge and Late-Boomers
Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Annual National Conference
APRIL 8th-11th, 2009
New Orleans Marriott
NEW ORLEANS, LA
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2008
The Baby-Boomer Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of this topic. Subjects of interest might include, but are not limited to:
* Post-War memories and nostalgia
* Post-War prosperity and the rise of the middle-class
* Educating the boomers
* Youth rebellion, disposable income, and leisure time
* Life in the suburbs: car culture, television, etc.
* Urbanization and White Flight
* The rise of de-industrialization
* Boomer retirement issues: life-style, social security,
health care, etc.
* Politics, race and gender: Then and Now
* Cultural production: literature, film, etc.
* Advertising and boomer consumerism
* Boomers and technology
Deadline for submission of a 100-250-word abstract is November 30, 2008.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for round table sessions or full panels are also welcomed and encouraged.
If your paper is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, and information on registration, PCA/ACA membership, hotel accommodations, etc.
Address abstracts, inquiries, or proposals to:
James Von Schilling
Shawn David Young
Michigan State University
235 Bessey Hall
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1033
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)