3-4 April 2009, Union County College, Cranford, NJ
Plenary Speaker: Dr. Anne Cheng, Princeton University
This conference will provide a stimulating and collegial forum for the discussion of topics related to the changing world of two-year college education. Its program will reflect scholarship on a variety subjects
• historical perspectives and analysis
• the history of higher education in New Jersey (especially since the New Deal)
• New Jersey authors and artists
• reflections upon and responses to the New Deal in New Jersey
• classroom research
• faculty development
• student assessment
• the economics of the two-year college education
• technology in the classroom
• social, cultural, scientific, and mathematical developments in education
• health and medical education at the two-year college
• and other subjects related to the conference theme.
Proposals are invited for full panels of three or four presenters or individual papers.
Proposals for panels should include a one-page abstract/summary of the panel including and the name, address, affiliation and email addresses of the chair/commentator and panelists (if they have been selected).
Proposals for twenty-minute papers should include a cover sheet with the paper title and the name address, affiliation, and email address of the panelist a one-page abstract/summary of the paper.
All a/v and media requests must be included at the time of the proposal.
Deadline for proposals: 1 November 2008
Send proposals or queries to Dr. Susannah Chewning, English Department or Dr. Philip Papas, History Department, Union County College: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susannah Chewning/Philip Papas
Union County College
1033 Springfield Avenue
07016 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)