Citizen Historian could be perceived as a bunch of post-grad history students engaging in a superfluous extra-curricula project, saddled with pretentious ambitions and hopefully to score career points for the future. (Or we actually do have plenty of free time in between coursework and tutorials and dissertations!)
But really, we’re just a small group like-minded students of history and interested members of society.
Want to contribute? We’re always looking for new writers who’ve got something to share or something to say about History. You don’t have to be Singaporean, or even living in Singapore to contribute. You don’t even have to hold a history degree - we welcome anyone who has an interest in the subject.
These are some of the areas you could think about for contributions:
1. Being a Historian in Singapore
2. Practicing History in Singapore or in general (e.g. as a amateur, student, professional etc.)
3. Researching History
But what if your idea doesn’t fall into any of these? Pitch it to us anyway. Those are general areas, which means you’ll get a better idea if you take a look at our existing contributions.
We’re especially looking for people who can still remember what they did for their honours thesis or academic exercises, regardless of the discipline. If you can, and you remember quite liking your work, we really do want to talk to you.
We’ve also got a list of stuff that we’d like to get reviewed. Write in and ask us, and we can match you up to that book or article that you always wanted to read anyway.
Still don’t think it fits or you got something you really want to share? Email us anyway at email@example.com. If it doesn’t quite fit, we’ll tell you how it can.
Some Things to Note about Your Contributions:
1. Authors have copyright on their contributions, and they have the right to publish it elsewhere.
2. That being said, we will also (as humbly as possible) not accept or publish contributions already appearing elsewhere to avoid duplication.
3. The authors are solely responsible for any opinions expressed in their contributions.
4. Contributions can be submitted in soft-copy, addressed to The Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Contributions should also as far as possible not exceed 1,500 words. Please remember to include the author’s name, title of the piece and for which section we can consider it for.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)