ELLS Learning Lab: Bringing challenging DNA science topics into the classroom
Heidelberg,Germany 29 September- 01 October 2008
This LearningLAB aims at supporting high school teachers to tackle DNA science related issues in the classroom. Through a range of exciting activities (seminars, hands-on, educational games and bioinformatics), participants will get insight on DNA technology, its applications and risks, gaining the confidence needed to approach these topics with their students in an integrated and proactive way.
- find out the basics and the last developments on DNA technology;
- learn how to perform modern molecular biology techniques from scientists;
- understand how model organisms can be used to give us insight on gene function;
- get familiar with teaching kits and educational games that present molecular biology topics and techniques in a proactive way;
- get exposed to new ways of promoting discussion on the social, environmental and ethical implications of certain DNA technologies.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)