The Royal Air Force Centre for Air Power Studies (RAF CAPS) aspires to strengthen the relationship between academia and the RAF and to utilise the enhanced collaboration to develop and stimulate thinking about air power in both areas, as well as more broadly throughout the United Kingdom.
The RAF CAPS is ideally placed to enhance the RAF’s current and future operational effectiveness by improving the ability of the Service to apply lessons from the past to both the present and the future.
The Centre aims to:
• Act as the RAF’s centre for strategic and conceptual thinking about air power.
• Encourage and promote the study of air power, particularly within the Service and academia, but also throughout the broader intellectual community (including the media and think-tanks).
• Develop a reputation for academic excellence in air power studies in order to become the UK’s foremost centre for air power thinking.
• Undertake directed campaign studies and disseminate the lessons resulting from those studies.
• Act as an inclusive and non-partisan hub for the coordination and facilitation of collaborative air power activities in the UK.
Dr Joel Hayward
Dean of the Royal Air Force College
Lincolnshire NG34 8HB
Telephone +44 (0)1400 266334
DFTS 95751 6334
Fax +44 (0)1400 266265
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)