Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is jointly organizing the Third International Conference of the Asian Philosophical Association (ICAPA 2008) in Almaty, Kazakhstan on 24-27 October 2008 in cooperation with Fatih University of Turkey, DaeDong Philosophical Association of Korea, Kobe University of Japan and Suleyman Demirel University of Kazakhstan.
The main themes of the conference are provided below. The sessions will be arranged thematically and each paper presentation will be allowed twenty minutes duration. The languages of the conference are English, Russian, Kazakh, Korean and Turkish. Accepted papers will be published in a proceedings volume one month before the conference will take place.
Prospective participants are invited to send abstracts of their proposed papers by 1 June 2008 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com . The author should indicate his/her personal full contact details and include a brief curriculum vitae with the abstract.
Once the abstracts are accepted, the final deadline for the submission of complete papers is 31 August 2008.
Main Themes of the Conference
Ideals of the Asian Community: Aspirations for a Harmonized World Order
I. Philosophical Prospects (First Day: October 24, 2008)
What makes Asia?
Common Characteristics of Asian Philosophies
Philosophers Role in the Formation of Asian Community
Asian Philosophers: Past and Present
II. Historical, Psychological and Cultural Prospects (Second Day: October 25, 2008)
Asian History as Part of World History
Asian Cultures and Civilizations
Globalization and Asia
III. Economical and Socio-Political Prospects (Third Day: October 26, 2008)
Prospects of an Asian Community
Asian Contributions to World Peace
Asian Contributions to Universal Civilization
Socio-Economical Aspects of Asian Dialogue
Inter-Asian Relations and Cooperation
The Role of International Institutions in Asian Integration
World Politics and Asia
The Development of Human Rights and Democracy in Asia
Important Dates for Paper Submission
1. June 20, 2008, deadline for submitting abstracts in about 200 words either in English, Russian or Turkish.
2. June 30, 2008, notification of acceptance. Selection of papers is to be based on the abstract.
3. August 31, 2008, deadline for full paper submission. Participants who do not send the full paper will not be invited to the symposium.
Submission and Relevant Information
1. Full paper in either English, Russian, Kazakh or Turkish.
2. The full paper must be an original submission, not published elsewhere .
3. Both abstracts and full papers must be submitted as a MS Word file by e-mail.
4. Papers should have 12 font for text and 10 font for footnotes. For transliteration and notes style, please follow the instructions on the following link: http://www.asianpa.net/ijapa/instructions.html
Accommodation and Boarding Information
The accommodation will be in a resort hotel in Almaty and at the moment we are negotiating the prices. Currently the price is 200 US$ per room for 2 persons. Hotel address: Alatau Health Resort, pos. Kamenka, Sanatoriy Alatau, 050045, Almaty, Kazakhstan. Full details can be obtained later on the website.
For further and regularly updated information, please visit http://www.asianpa.net/
For inquiries regarding the conference, please write to Ali Caksu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)