IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL ICO 2008 CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS.
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ORGANIZER Prof. Allen Andrews
We at ICO sends our warn greetings to our entire members worldwide. And with great enthusiasm, we wish to invite groups, youths and youth focused organization to be part of our forthcoming combined international conference on child labour, abuse and neglect taking place in the United States and the Spain. The combined conferences are of two segments.
Firstly, one shall commence in Andalusia, Alabama USA on the 19th till the 22nd of August, 2008. The venue is blue lake auditorium, 8569 Oakwood lane, Andalusia, Alabama 36241, USA. The second segment shall take place in Valencia as from 25th till 28th August, 2008 at Europa plaza, Linden Wall Street 44 2051 VL, Valencia, Spain.
1. To discuss the root causes of child labour, abuse and neglect in order to help in eradicating these social ills.
2. To re-educate and enlighten the youths and adults about these social vices and also promote community organizing as a tool to re-connect people to each other with a common goal of building safe, supportive and good communities.
3. To create spaces for the youths of the world to acquire the power of collective action, critical dialogue and community organizing to undermine child labour, abuse and neglect.
4. To equip the youth and adult participants with vital tools and know-how. This will aid them in conducting such workshops amongst youths in their various countries.
Board of Management
We have noticed that this is an incredible means of interacting with different organizations of the world on a particular issue as it affects youths and adults. Moreover, funding may be provided for individuals from qualifying organizations. Provisions have been made for all delegates to this event, all round tickets, feeding and accommodation in USA by our sponsors. All delegates will take care of their feeding and accommodation in Spain as our resources do not cover that.
Mode of application:
Interested organizations should forward the following information about their organization.
1. Aims and objectives of their organization.
2. Organization profile.
3. Achievements so far.
Only groups with delegates between the numbers of five and ten selected members would be allowed to participate from each of the selected countries. Individuals who do not belong to any of the organizations but are interested to participate should form a group of at least five. All participants MUST be part of the two segments or their forms will not be processed.
Direct your response to the secretary organizing committee through the below contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Send applications now.
#22 Crest Drive,
East Olive Way Seattle,
Tele/fax: +1 206 2034927
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)