• Beyond the Lecture Hall: Universities and Community Engagement from the middle ages to the present day
• 5-7 September 2008, Homerton College, University of Cambridge, UK.
• The conference marks the 800th anniversary of Cambridge University in 2009. It aims to explore the concept of ‘community engagement’, as a feature of universities’ activity across the centuries, opening opportunities for historical perspectives to inform current debates.
• Proposals or papers and expressions of interest should be sent to Dr Peter Cunningham, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 8PQ, UK; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts (250 words) should be submitted by 11 April 2008.
• For further information, go to http://www.educ.cam.ac.uk/events/conferences/beyondthelecturehall/index.html.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)