CALL FOR PAPERS
“Gender at the Crossroads: Multi-disciplinary Perspectives"
3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON WOMEN'S STUDIES
20-22 April 2009
Center for Women’s Studies at Eastern Mediterranean University invites paper, panel and event proposals addressing various themes on women/gender studies. The Third International Conference, which will be held at the EMU campus in Famagusta, North Cyprus between April 20-22, 2009, aims at bringing together scholars, researchers, performers and activists from various disciplines in the social sciences to present their works and exchange ideas in a wide range of issues such as economic, socio-cultural, law, politics, communication, design and etc. Under the general theme “Gender at the Crossroads: Multi-disciplinary Perspectives" including but not limited to:
· Gender/Women, Media and Popular Culture
· Poverty and Social Exclusion
· Women in Public and Private spaces
· Borders, Migration and Gender/Women
· New Slavery and Women Trafficking
· Conflict, War, Militarism and Gender/Women
· Gender/Women, Ethnicity, Nationality, Race
· Gender/Women, Religion and Spirituality,
· Gender/Women, Environment.
· Methods and Methodologies in Gender/Women Studies
· New Paradigms in Gender/Women Studies
The language of our international conference will be both English and Turkish although translation is not available.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 27 June 2008.
The deadline for submitting full papers is 23 January 2009.
Detailed information is available on http://cws.emu.edu.tr/GCR2009
Center for Women’s Studies
Eastern Mediterranean University
Turkish Republic of North Cyprus
Via Mersin 10, Turkey
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)