DRC Summer School on “Changing Dynamics of the Danubian Region – New Neighbourhood Policy in the EU”
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM), Vienna, IDResearch Ltd (IDR), Pécs, Danube University of Krems (DUK), Krems and the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Pécs are organising the fifth edition of the Summer School on Regional Co-operation under the intellectual sponsorship of the Danube Rectors’ Conference (www.drc2008.idresearch.hu), between 29 June and 06 July in the city of Krems.
The major aims of our project are:
- to enhance the awareness for the significance and possibilities of regional co-operation;
- to discuss and to develop strategies for the improvement of co-operation in the region;
- to bring young scientists from the countries of the Danube Region and Central Europe together to establish a regional scientific network within the European Research Area;
Our target group:
- 25-30 young scientists from the Danube Region and Central Europe who have records in Political Science or other social science disciplines.
- Graduates who want to present their research projects to the students of the Summer School in the lectures.
- Interested persons from regional organisations, public administration and scientific institutions.
Sub-topics and workshop items:
1. European Neighbourhood Policy as Efficient Tool for Conflict Management?
1. Economic and Social Perspectives of the European Neighbourhood Policy
2. Potentials for the Civil Society in the European Neighbourhood Policy
3. Relations of the European Union to the Black Sea Region
The best papers of the School will be published in an annual proceedings volume, which we have been publishing since the launch of the project in 2007.
ECTS credits will be provided by the DUK and by the University of Pécs.
Deadline for Application is 14 April 2008.
IDResearch Ltd.,HUngary, Institute for the Danube Region and Mitteleuropa, Austria, Danube University of Krems, Austria
11. Ifjusag, Pecs, H-7624
0036-72-522-624 Email: email@example.com Visit the website at http://www.drc2008.idresearch.hu
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)