"Encompassing the Globe: Teaching & Research"
World History Association of Texas 2008 Conference
Co-Sponsored by St. Edward’s University
16-17 February 2008
The 2008 Conference of the World History Association of Texas will focus on historical & interdisciplinary approaches to understanding the origins, development, and possible trajectories of the processes of globalization. Conference organizers welcome proposals that connect world history teaching and research. Possible topics could include, but are not limited to:
• Migration and immigration
• Imperialism, colonialism, and post-colonialism
• Conflicts over identity politics [tribal, religious, national, or post-national]
• The global impact of religions, ideologies, ethical constructs, trade, commerce and economic theory and practice
• The roles institutions [UN, WB, IMF, NGO’s, etc] play in globalization and resistance to globalization
• Industrialism, technologies, and communications
• The environment, disease, and physical and cultural geography
• Global Themes in the Humanities and Social Sciences
The Conference Organizing Committee welcomes proposals on any subject, period or area of globalization from faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars. Proposals may include individual papers, collaborative projects or roundtable discussions of a topic or theme connected to world history. The Conference will make a second call in October for a juried panel of undergraduate papers.
Proposals for complete panels or roundtables of three or four presenters are encouraged. The panels and roundtables should be 1˝ hours in length. Include your name, organization or institution, address, home and work, phone and fax numbers, email address, working title of paper or presentation, and a brief description of the content.
PLEASE SUBMIT PROPOSALS NO LATER THAN 1 NOVEMBER 2007. Send proposals to Dr. Christie Sample Wilson, WHAT 2008 Conference, St. Edward’s University, 3001 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, please submit proposals via e-mail.
Dr. Christie Sample Wilson
WHAT 2008 Conference
St. Edward’s University
3001 South Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704
(512)4281316 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)