Call for Contributors: ABC-CLIO's Historical Reference books
ABC-CLIO, a prominent publisher of historical reference works, is seeking contributors to work on a number of different, diverse book projects. Please contact us with a copy of your brief c.v. and a list of those projects on which you are interested in contributing. Further details will then be sent.
* Popular Controversies in World History - A series that seeks to pit two sides of a historical argument against one another in 5,000 word segments.
* Encyclopedia of American Technology - A two-volume work looking at the development of different technologies throughout American history.
* The Great Depression and New Deal - A two-volume work examining the political, social, economic, artistic, and ethnic aspects of the Depression era.
* Seas and Waterways of the World - A two-volume work examining the integral role of the world's waterways throughout history and the ways that humans have interacted with the seas.
* Encyclopedia of Colonial North American History - This four-volume work will examine all of the different European powers that colonized North America, their interactions with American Indians, and the facets that were both common to them and distinguished them from one another.
* Racial and Ethnic Justice in America - This two-volume work will compare and contrast the experiences of different ethnic groups in their dealings with the concept of "justice" in American history.
* The ABC-CLIO World Religions Project - This large, comprehensive look at the world's religions is just getting off the ground and will be assigning entries to contributors in early 2008.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)