The Ministry of Higher Education (MES) and the universities of the Republic of Cuba are pleased to summon you to participate in the Sixth International Congress on Higher Education to be held on February 11 to 15, 2008, at the Convention Center of Havana.
The central theme of the congress is "the universalization of the university for a better world". University 2008 will encourage debate on issues that need to be addressed to find solutions to higher education and lifelong learning for all with quality and relevance.
* The University of the 21st century. Its main aims.
* The continued improvement of universalized higher education.
* Massification, social inclusion and relevance in higher education.
* The university's management of knowledge and innovation towards local and regional development.
* Funding and management: challenges and prospects.
* New paradigms for pedagogy and didactics within higher education.
* Pedagogy for virtual education and open learning.
* Relevance and impact of graduate education in the development of society.
* Internationalization of higher education. Latin American integration as a response to neoliberal globalization.
* New strategies for quality assessment and accreditation in higher education.
* Scientific research and technological innovation at university level for sustainable development.
* TICs in the virtualization of university management.
* University extension and the universalization of the university.
* Environment and energy: a present university challenge for sustainable development.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)