XVth International Congress on Social Defence: "Criminal Law between war and peace: Justice and cooperation in criminal matters in international military interventions", The Cesare Beccaria Award for Young Researchers
Call for Papers for the XVth International Congress on Social Defence
"Criminal Law between War and Peace : Justice and Criminal Cooperation in International Military Interventions"
The Cesare Beccaria Award for Young Researchers
1. Participants must be under the age of 35.
2. The papers investigate any of the subjects dealt with in the Congress or related to international criminal law, military or humanitarian law.
3. The papers must be individual, original, unpublished pieces of work. They should be no longer than 8,000 words and should display an appropriate style and presentation. Papers can be presented for the competition in French, English or Spanish. In the selection phase the jury will also accept papers in Portuguese, Italian and German.
4. Papers should include:
Full name of author and of the investigation centre or equivalent in which he/she is employed.
A brief Curriculum Vitae
Permanent address, telephone number and e-mail address where the author can be contacted.
5. The papers should be sent to the following e-mail address by 15th August 2007: email@example.com
6. The papers will be judged by a jury composed of specialists in both criminal and international law.
7. On September 3rd the jury will publish a list of the papers selected for oral presentation in the Congress, as well as those accepted for publication, on the ISSD webpage, www.defensesociale.org . For both the oral presentation and publication of the papers the authors must use one of the three official languages of the Congress. The organization of the Congress will cover 50% of the registration costs of those whose papers have been selected.
8. The main award consists of one thousand euros. Three papers will receive an honourable mention. The prize winner will be announced on Saturday 22nd September.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)