New field survey on return migrants to the Maghreb countries
This is to inform you that the preliminary results of the new field survey on return migrants to the Maghreb countries (Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia) are now accessible online on the MIREM web site: http://www.mirem.eu/datasets/survey/survey?set_language=en
The preliminary results, based on circa 1000 interviews, shed light on the returnees’ patterns of reintegration and post-return conditions, whether they decided to return individually or were forced to return. Analyses pertain to:
- The socio-demographic characteristics of the returnees;
- Socio-professional situation and skills;
- Resources: Social and financial capital;
- The experience of migration lived abroad;
- Return context and patterns of reintegration;
- Post-return conditions and prospects.
Several analytical reports based on the empirical data will be prepared and posted online.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)