Mosaic is interested in new interdisciplinary work in literature (theatre, film), and/or in literary and critical theory that engages sound by way of exploring such topics as: recording, listening, improvisation, perception, resonance, rhythm, music, new media, multi-mediality, aurality, acoustics, disability, noise, voice, speech, breath, echo, and the tympanic.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: For a complete description of our submission guidelines, please visit our website at: http://www.umanitoba.ca/mosaic
* Length and documentation: 7,000 words, to a maximum of 7,500 words (including works cited and notes), double-spaced, standard margins. Works Cited must follow the conventions of the “MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing,” 2nd edition.
* Please provide a 50-word abstract.
* Endnotes (maximum 500 words) should be used only to clarify problematic documentation procedures; with discursive notes kept to an absolute minimum.
* If your essay will include illustrations, please attach photocopies to your submission.
* Essays must be submitted on disk (CD or floppy), preferably in Microsoft Word, along with three paper copies. Do not put your name on the essay.
* Enclose a signed covering letter stating that the essay is not part of a thesis or dissertation, has not been previously published, and is not being considered for publication in another journal or medium.
* Please provide an email address.
*Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2007
Please submit essays to:
Dawne McCance, Editor, Mosaic or
Jackie Pantel, Submissions Manager, Mosaic
The University of Manitoba
Room 208 Tier Building
R3T 2N2 CANADA
Dawne McCance, Editor,
Jackie Pantel, Submissions Manager,
Mosaic, a journal for the interdisciplinary study of literature,
University of Manitoba, 208 Tier Bldg.,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 2N2, Canada.
Phone: (204)474-9763; Fax: (204)474-7584 Email: email@example.com Visit the website at http://www.umanitoba.ca/mosaic
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)