Articles are invited for the relaunch issue of Ecquid Novi: African Journalism Studies, 28(1&2), with the theme ‘The Local and the Global in African Journalism Studies’
Articles should be approximately 6 000 words in length, referencing should follow APA style and address topics such as (but not limited to):
• How do the local and the global intersect in the study or practice of journalism in Africa?
• Is there such a thing as ‘African journalism’?
• What are the power relations incumbent upon the application of global journalistic models to African journalism?
• How does the political economy of knowledge production impact on the way journalism is studied locally and globally?
• How can the relationship between journalism and democracy be theorised in the African context?
• How is globalisation of media impacting on the theory and practice of journalism in Africa?
Deadline for submission: 1 May 2007
Send the manuscript, together with a separate cover sheet with your name, affiliation and contact details to Herman Wasserman at email@example.com
The journal Ecquid Novi is entering a new phase in its history. As from this year, editorship of the journal has passed to Herman Wasserman (Newcastle University/ Stellenbosch University). The founding and former editor, Arnold de Beer, will become the publisher. A new editorial board has been appointed (see below).
The (newly redesigned) journal’s revised title – Ecquid Novi: African Journalism Studies – reflects the journal’s main focus on journalism within the African context. Although there is a preference for manuscripts dealing with journalism on the continent, comparative studies of journalism in the Global South, or of comparative articles on journalism in other regions that have a bearing on Africa, will also be welcomed. All theoretical and methodological approaches are invited, although there is a preference for critical approaches and qualitative methodologies.
University of Stellenbosch
Private Bag X1
Tel +27 (0)21 8082141 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)