The City of Cambridge Archives Board invites you to join them on October 20, 2007 for History on the Grand, a one-day local and public history symposium to be held at the University of Waterloo School of Architecture in Cambridge, Ontario.
The aim of this symposium is to provide a forum for members of the academic community, historical and heritage groups, museums and archives, and the general public to share research and discuss issues arising from the study of local history and making history public.
We invite proposals for papers on a wide range of themes including but not limited to:
- local history and public history in south-western Ontario;
- built heritage and architectural history;
- natural heritage and environmental history;
- community histories and those of institutions, organizations, businesses and industries;
- immigration, migration and the growth and development of ethnic communities;
- biographies and family histories;
- native history and archaeology.
Please submit a brief paper abstract, maximum 500 words, plus a brief (1-2 pages) C.V. or biography.
Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2007 and presenters will be notified by June 15, 2007. For further information and the submittal of paper abstracts please contact:
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)