Proposals are still being accepted for the True Crime in Television, Film, and History Area. Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations, but topics not included here are also welcome.
• Novel, film, and television adaptations of criminal cases
• Documentaries and television series based on True Crime
• Biography, autobiography, and nonfiction adaptations of criminal cases and
• True Crime authors/works
• The True Crime Genre
• Specific True Crime cases
• Explorations of Forensic Science, Criminal Investigation, and Profiling
• Effects of Publicity and Media hype of True Crime cases
• The Popularity of True Crime in publishing, television, and film
• The History of True Crime reporting
• A & E’s “Cold Case Files”, CBS’ “48 Hours Mystery”, Court TV’s “The
• Investigators”, etc.
• Homicide and Serial Homicide as portrayed in Mass Media (Film, Television,
• Publishing, Journalism, etc. )
• And much more...
Inquiries regarding this area and/or abstracts of 250 words may be sent to James Yates at the email or physical addresses below by DECEMBER 15, 2006. Please include a current curriculum vitae.
28th Annual Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico
February 14-17, 2007
The 2007 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Join us this year, as a returning or first-time participant, as we celebrate a new future on Route 66 at this regional popular culture conference. Further details regarding the conference (listing of all areas, hotel, registration, tours, etc.) can be found at http://www.swtexaspca.org.
James Yates, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of English, Foreign Languages, and Humanities
210 Vinson Hall
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
709 Oklahoma Blvd.
Alva, OK 73717
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)